What’s more fun than a little question and answer session on a Friday morning? Not too much in my book.
This weekend I was watching Inside the Actors Studio. I just love that show. I especially love the end of it when they ask those ten questions to each guest. The questions are from a series of questions from the late 1900s and the answers to these questions are supposed to reveal a lot about your personality.
1. What is your favorite word? Either “bubble” or “twinkle.” Cause they are just fun to say.
2. What is your least favorite word? “Hors d’oeuvre.” You wouldn’t think I’d need it a lot, but surprisingly I do. And I can never pronounce it or spell it. Usually when I have to use it in a sentence I just look down and mumble when its time to say it. “Appetizers” work just fine for me, thanks.
3. What turns you on? Humor. Good, witty, clever humor. Or stupid, middle school, fart humor. I’m not particular.
4. What turns you off? Laziness. Can’t stand it. Be active or get out of the way.
5. What sound do you love? This answer is the only one that’s changed since I’ve had a baby. My favorite sound used to be someone walking on gravel because it reminds me of early mornings in campgrounds when I was growing up. But since the Bean’s arrival, that has been replaced by his laugh. He laughs like whatever he’s looking at is the funniest thing he’s ever seen in his short little life. It doesn’t get much better than that. Its genuine happiness.
6. What sound do you hate? Ugh! My freaking dogs barking!! THE SCHOOL BUS COMES EVERY MORNING, DOGS! EVERY MORNING! GET USED TO IT!
7. What is your favorite curse word? Pisser. I use it all the time. “That’s a pisser!” “You’re a pisser!” “PISSER!”
8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? I’d love to be a self-supported writer. Any kind will do. But I think I’d especially enjoy being a humor columnist.
9. What profession would you not like to do? Anything with numbers – accountant, retail, banker. Anything where numbers are part of the daily grind. I’d poke my eye out with a #2 pencil if I had to work with numbers every day.
10. If Heaven exists (and I believe it does), what would you like to hear God say to you when you arrive? I’m proud of you.
So, that’s the insight into my personality. Now we all know really important things about me like my hatred of numbers and my love of campground noises.
What about you? If you want, answer the questions for yourself in the comments section. Just know that as I read all your answers, I’ll be singing, “Getting to know you, getting to know all about youuuuuuuu. Getting to like you, getting to hope you like meeeeeee…..”
And I may even break out my hoop skirt.