1. Last night we went to Cici’s Pizza where Bean ate breadsticks and brownies for dinner. I considered the cheese on the breadsticks to be his dairy and the bread to be his grain and I called it a successful mealtime.
2. The other day I was sitting in the front yard with Bean and I stopped playing for just a minute to flip through some mail. When I looked up again, Bean was three houses down, standing in the neighbor’s front yard all by himself. I ended up chasing him through the neighborhood, holding my giant pregnant belly. Bean thought it was the most fun ever.
3. Sometimes when I’m too tired to fight him, I let Bean wipe his own nose. Which usually means he spreads snot all over his face. But I still sit there and do nothing about it.
4. If I ever have to slam on my brakes in the car for some reason, Bean always yells out, “WHOA, MOMMA!”
5. This morning on our way to daycare, Bean stuck a piece of waffle up his nose. Since I was in rush hour traffic, I couldn’t pull over to fish it out, so he sat in the backseat for 10 minutes trying to snort it out.
6. One time Bean pitched a temper tantrum in the waiting room at my doctors office where he threw himself down on the floor in the middle of about 12 soon-to-be mommies. I was too big and pregnant to reach him on the floor, so I nudged him with the foot until he got up again. I looked around to find 12 sets of horrified pregnant eyes watching me and all I said to them was, “You just wait…”
7. Chris taught Bean to growl before biting the heads off of animal crackers. It’s pretty disturbing.
8. Sometimes we make Bean get us things when they are stuck in places we can’t reach. Like when we drop things between the fridge and the cabinets or when tennis balls get under the bushes in the backyard.
9. Bean has three toy cell phones and a Fisher Price laptop. I fear where this is going.
10. Bean has trouble saying words that start with F. Like fork, frog, and flag. He gets the F sound right, but the rest of the word rhymes with duck…if you get my drift. This provides Chris and I with hours of entertainment.