2. I started the Couch-2-5K program last week to help tone up this summer. The first day of training required 20 minutes of walking/jogging. I made it 10 minutes and haven’t done it since. But I have the app on my phone, so I think I’ll try again this week.
3. When Bean and Gracie take their afternoon nap, I usually spend that hour on my float in the pool. It is heavenly.
4. We have really tried to stop watching TV around our house so instead we have music playing all the time. We listen to Bean’s music, Disney soundtracks, country, classic rock, big band, alternative, pop, and everything in between. My playlist this morning has Michael Franti, Baby Einstein Mozart, Taylor Swift, Michael Buble, Adele, Jimmy Buffet, and more.
5. Chris built this awesome fence on our back porch that encloses the area with both back doors. Now, if Bean were to somehow get out of either door, there’s still a big fence keeping him from the pool. This area has become our favorite playground. Bean, Gracie, and I spend most of our day out here. The other parts of the day we’re in the pool.
6. We have had fresh corn on the cob and watermelon at every dinner for the past two weeks. It’s awesome! I love summer foods!
7. After dinner, we have bath time and then bedtime for Bean sometime between 7:30 and 8:00. After that, it’s still light outside, so Chris and I sit on the back porch and drink lemonade. Sometimes we talk, sometimes we listen to music, and sometimes we just sit in silence. It is the perfect way to unwind.
8. I’m trying to lose my baby weight by swimming in the pool as much as possible. I swim laps, tread water, and do push ups on the side of the pool. Plus, when I’m playing with Bean, I’m throwing him all around and that’s a work out, too. So far, it’s working pretty good, but I don’t own a scale so I don’t know for sure. But I can fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes! Yay!
9. Bean’s favorite thing to do outside is play with his water table and the hose. He fills his table up with water from the hose and he chases the dogs around the backyard trying to shoot them with water.
10. Gracie sleeps really good outside. I put her in her bouncer seat on our table on the back porch and she snoozes while Bean and I play or swim. I can’t wait until I can take her in the pool!
11. Chris is working on his golf swing and so he spends evenings out in the back yard hitting wiffle balls while Bean chases them.
12. Summer officially starts next weekend, but it began in our backyard a couple months ago.
13. In Connecticut, fall and winter were my favorite seasons and I’ve been surprised at how quickly I’ve grown to love the summer heat down here. It’s going to get hotter and hotter and muggier and muggier, but that’s fine with me. I plan to have an awesome summer at home with my babies!