1. I am finally getting up the courage to wear leggings and I think they are going out of style. Are they going out of style? I feel like I haven’t seen them in a while, but maybe I’m just missing them. I always miss trends by two or three months.
2. I just finished reading “Little Bee,” by Chris Cleave. It was so good. It’s a lot like “The Kite Runner,” if you read that one. You don’t REALLY want to know what is happening because it is so heartbreaking, but yet you can’t stop reading! It is incredibly well written. If you’re looking for something to read, I highly recommend that one.
3. I blogged this week over at Southern Weddings about mine and Chris’s New Years resolutions as a couple. We have occasional “State of Our Union” dinners and we usually kick off the New Year with one where we set our goals and priorities for our marriage for the upcoming year. For tips on how to have your own “State of the Union” dinner or conversation, be sure to go check it out. (And then leave me some comment love…)
4. Today I booked our air travel with the travel agent for our trip to Costa Rica in March. I am so freaking excited. I haven’t blogged or even talked too much about it though because I am so afraid something will go wrong and I won’t be able to take the trip or something. I think I’m just nervous and can’t believe we won something so incredible! I’ll feel better once I have my passport (yes, I had to apply for a new passport so I could take this trip and, naturally, it is taking FOREVER to get it back!) and our plane tickets in hand!
5. I am on Day Three of cutting soda out of my diet and I think I am going to die. I miss my Diet Dr. Pepper! I miss it so much! By 2:00 in the afternoon, I am craving caffeine. But I have been a good girl and have resisted and am only drinking water instead. It sucks. I hate it. But I’m doing it because I’m supposed to feel good…or WHATEVER.
6. My friend, Sarah, is doing this whole “refreshing our lifestyle” resolution thing with me and so yesterday she dragged me to a yoga class. I hadn’t been to yoga in four or five years and I had forgotten how much I love it. Even my mind felt better by the time the class had ended. Of course, this morning at school when I raised my arm to write on the board, I thought my arm was going to fall off because it was so sore. Hopefully, that’s a muscle growing in there!
7. My kids are the coolest. Hands down. They are the coolest people I know. I have so much fun with them. Bean and Gracie are starting to play together a little and it just melts my heart. Gracie got a tea set for Christmas and Bean has spent the past two days sitting down with her, drinking tea. He gets really frustrated that she doesn’t know how to hold the cup. She just gives this warrior cry and hurls something across the room. It’s pretty entertaining to watch, actually. I went back to work today for the first time in two weeks and I really missed them. Bean cried when I dropped him at daycare this morning and I kind of wanted to, too. I miss those boogers when they aren’t with me!
8. At Christmas, I stole a really warm, super soft fleece blanket from my sister’s house and I have to mail it back this week. I will be very sorry to see it go. If she was a good sister, she’d insist that I keep it… (hint, hint)
9. We had taco night tonight and to trick Bean into eating some of it, I told him the black beans were boiled peanuts. He loves peanuts. As soon as I said that, he started eating black beans by the handful. Mom wins. I love when I outsmart a two year old. Surprisingly, that doesn’t happen often…
10. It’s that time of year again, imaginary friends. The Bloggies are upon us. Every year I cringe at the thought of asking for you all to go vote, but, alas, here I am again. Asking you to go vote. This year they have added a new category called “Best Parenting or Family Weblog,” and I think that’s the category I fit best into. Why are the Bloggies so important, you may ask? Well, if you’re a blogger who makes money off of their blog, like me, then it’s a fantastic way to get your numbers up, which generates more revenue. It also looks really great to publishers for someone who might possibly be working on their book in super secret right now. So, if you’re feeling generous, head over to the Bloggies website and drop a vote for me into the Parenting or Family Weblog category. Then, if you’re feeling extra nice, Tweet it, Facebook it, blog it, tell your Grandma about it, and just generally spread the word that you know this super lame blogger who is asking for votes. It would be much appreciated. (P.S. I’m going to ask you to do this all again if I’m nominated. So, you have that to look forward to…)