Today’s list of baby products is courtesy of my bestie, Sarah. It has been such a treat to watch Sarah become a mommy. She is one of those instinctive mothers who just sort of knows what to do so naturally that you wonder if she isn’t secretly hiding, like, six other children in a back room somewhere that she has birthed and raised. My sweet Sadie Bug is such a happy little girl because of her awesome momma.
I’ve only been a mom for three months (to beautiful Sadie!) but here are the baby items that I’ve personally found to be the most useful for us.
1. Aden & Anais blankets: I use these more than anything else- when Sadie was a newborn we used them for swaddling, now that she’s a little older, we use them for blankets, sun covers in the car and stroller, burp cloths, etc. Perfect for Florida since they are so lightweight (and such adorable designs!).
2. Motherlove nipple cream: A lifesaver for sore nipples during the first few weeks of breastfeeding. All natural and a little goes a long way.
3. Honest Company diapers: Jessica Alba’s natural products company. Biodegradable diapers with the cutest designs, easy ordering system and awesome customer service.
4. Graco Pack n’ Play: This was Sadie’s first bed in our room when she was born- we used the detachable bassinet when she was a newborn. It’s been great for travel as well- my only complaint is that it can be a little complicated to put together, but it’s worth it!
5. Baby Bjorn Carrier (in black): My husband and I love our carrier. We also have the Moby wrap, but I find that one too complicated for everyday use. The Bjorn is so easy to use- I use it when I’m alone and need to grocery shop or for running errands. Sadie always falls asleep in it- and now that she’s older, we can have her facing front which she loves.
6. Burt’s Bees Baby: I love all Burt’s Bees products, especially their baby line. We use the bath and shampoo wash, baby lotion and diaper cream. So gentle on Sadie’s skin and they use all natural ingredients.
7. Fisher-Price Snugabunny bouncy chair and swing: I combined these because I actually only registered for the chair and coworkers bought me the swing as well. Thank goodness they did because both have been amazing for soothing Sadie. She goes through phases where she prefers one over the other, so I’m glad we have both options.
8. Medala Pump in Style Advanced: Definitely the most expensive baby item we own, but worth every penny. If you are breastfeeding, this pump is great. I had a different pump that was free from my insurance (Ameda Purely Yours) but it was super loud and took a long time to pump. The Medela takes half the time and is easy to transport and put together.
9. Skip Hop Diaper Bag (Duo in black): We love our diaper bag- it comes with a changing pad which I use all the time. It’s gender neutral, so my husband doesn’t mind carrying it around and it fits a ton of stuff. It’s easy to clean too.
10. Baby Connect App for iPhone: I found this app to be extremely helpful the first couple months Sadie was here. I used it to track her diapers, feedings, and sleep. It was a great reference tool for me to see her patterns and to give accurate information to her doctor at appointments.