This past weekend I went to Florida to visit my family for Easter. I still haven’t made it back home yet, so this post will be short and sweet because I have to get dressed soon and go to the airport, but let me just tell you what a crazy weekend I have had! It is going to take me an entire week’s work of postings to tell you all about it. For now, let me give you a little taste by throwing some highlights at you:
1. Our plane was diverted on Friday and we sat on a runway for five hours. They will be releasing a movie shortly called “Pregnant Women on a Plane.” It was not pretty.
2. My Mom and Mom-in-Law threw me a big baby shower on Saturday night. I have pictures. There were presents. And meatballs. It was amazing.
3. My sister got engaged right in front of our entire family! Its an awesome story!! I have pictures, and even though there were no meatballs, it was still amazing!
4. I had an emotional meltdown during the Easter church service. A meltdown involving mascara streaking down my face. It was pretty. I have no pictures of this and there were, sadly, no meatballs. But it was pretty embarrassing.
5. Chris and I participated in the “kids only” Easter Egg Hunt at his Granddad’s house because there was money in some of the eggs and, let’s face it, we’re pretty desperate right now. I was a little horrified at first to be, you know, married and WITH CHILD and yet still fighting middle school boys for plastic eggs. But I got ever it really quickly. I have pictures and there WERE meatballs. Glorious, I tell you.
So, that sums up my weekend in bullet points. But don’t you worry. Each of these stories will be told in more detail starting with a post first thing tomorrow morning.
For now, I must away for my nose runneth like a mountain spring and my hair frizzeth like a pomeranian… Adieu!