Because I’m high on muscle relaxers tonight, I thought I’d share some intimate secrets with you. Things that you may not know about me, no matter how long you’ve been reading my blog. Cracked out pregnant women like to get real.
1. I am scared to drive in rain.
2. I usually stop reading books about two chapters from the end. Once I know how it’s going to end, I stop reading.
3. I’ve had the same Bible since I was about 12 years old. I gave it to Chris when we were 18 and we went off to different colleges. I remember being so worried that I’d never see that Bible again because I was SURE we’d never make it through long distance dating at such a young age. And then when we got married years later and we were moving into our first apartment together, I came across my Bible as I unpacked one of Chris’s boxes of books. How divine.
4. I am a terrible cell phone user. I never hear it ringing. I forget it all the time. I leave it places. I drop it. I shouldn’t be allowed to own a cell phone.
5. I want to buy the dogs bark collars, but Chris won’t let me.
6. I collect etiquette books. I’ve always been fascinated by etiquette.
7. I can eat an entire jar of Classen’s pickles in one sitting. For real.
8. Over Christmas, my sister and Chris’s sister gave me all kinds of pampering goodies. I got a ton of Bath and Body Works products, face wash, lotions, make up – everything I need to feel good. I like to set it all up on my counter top so that I can pretend like I’m in a salon every morning.
9. I don’t keep my shoes organized in my closet. I wish I did. But I don’t.
10. I listen to Christian radio in the mornings on my way to work as my devotional time.
11. Once a year I convince myself that I can pull off a short, trendy haircut. I can’t. And every year I cry after I’ve cut off all my hair.
12. My Grandma gave me this make up set for Christmas. I’m not a big make up person, but I’ve been using almost the whole thing when I do my make up in the mornings. Purple eyeshadow makes me feel powerful.
13. I keep a stack of books by my bed that I want to read (or re-read) next. My pile keeps growing and growing, but I haven’t had time to read much lately. I miss it.
14. I’m so tired of my maternity clothes. I can’t wait to wear real clothes again.
15. Sometimes when I pee, I’m afraid the baby’s foot or hand is going to pop out and scare me.
16. I’m taking a class right now for my teaching certification.
17. I am really getting used to Florida and am starting to love it here. Especially considering the weather they’ve been getting in Connecticut this winter.
18. I bought the Walmart brand Swiss Cake Rolls at the grocery store this week. They taste like stale chocolate-covered popcorn for some reason. They’re gross. And yet, I eat them.
19. These muscle relaxers make me feel like Gumby.
20. It’s Girl Scout Cookie season and my third chin is VERY excited.
Today I am grateful for Gracie Girl’s strong, healthy kicks.